Agenda 2024 coming soon...
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Papers - BATTERY TECH USA 2024”.
- Data and insights on supply and demand dynamics by each key component within the battery supply chain
- The mid to long-term impact on the US EV battery supply chain from the Inflation Reduction Act 2022
- Disruption in the market caused by ever-expanding supply chain challenges
- Reboot of the industry caused by restrictive legislation and positive incentives (IRA)
- Effects on supply chain companies relocating from Asia to the US within a very short time
- What steps are Gigafactories taking to improve their supply chain, manufacturing processes, and technology?
- What are the major impacts of new technologies in the Gigafactories for CAPEX and OPEX?
- What are the implications of a slow manufacturing ramp for upcoming Gigafactories?
Andy Whitworth | Exyte Group GmbH
Tal Sholklapper | Voltaiq
- State-of-the-art atomic scale simulation and ML is changing the way battery materials are developed
- A digital chemistry approach for the "in silico" analysis, optimization, and discovery of new battery materials
- Atomic scale simulation and ML have the potential to revolutionize the field of energy storage
- Overview of the battery landscape - rising raw material prices and diminishing raw material supply
- To increase global EV adoption, automakers need low-cost yet high-performance battery technology
- The promise of alternative battery chemistries, which do not use lithium or other expensive materials
Alsym Energy Inc
- Nano-Carbon is a better alternative to pure graphite for ultra-fast charging of Li-ion battery
- Test data shows its ability to accept repeated charging at a high C rate over many cycles
- Other advantages include higher gravimetric capacity and superior performance at low temperatures
- Next-generation batteries using silicon and lithium metal anodes offer the potential to increase energy density
- Bringing lithium metal into a battery adds significant cost and scale-up concerns, hampering adoption
- Understanding supply chain developments needed to bring lithium metal to a cheaper point than graphite
- An outlook on designing and building cells as a part of the vehicle structure
- Using BMS to control cycle life and heal cells through active cell balancing
- Energy density isn’t measured at the cell level but rather at the pack level
Atlis Motor Vehicles
- The strong growth in the battery industry requires flexible and expandable Gigafactory concepts
- Different Gigafactory building concepts presented and compared
- Possibilities to decrease the CO₂ footprint of the Gigafactory
Exyte Group GmbH
- Drawbacks of wet electrode coating: energy consumption, toxicity, costs, manufacturing footprint
- Different approaches in dry coating and why LiCAP’s Activated Dry Electrode is ahead of the competition
- High scrap rate during Gigafactory ramping up and how Activated Dry Electrode can bring scrap rate down
LiCAP Technologies, Inc.
- EV buyers and potential owners today - their demographics, values, and priorities
- How do EVs fit in the consumer's 'Path to Purchase'?
- How to reach 100% EV sales in California and the US by 2035?
- Solid-State batteries require a constant high stack pressure to operate effectively during charges and discharges
- This high constant pressure is needed to increase the ionic conductivity of the dry particles inside the battery
- It is expensive to design a battery pack with such high constant pressure: solutions through increased conductivity
- Current status of the commercially available solid-state batteries
- Challenges to meet the requirements of the passenger car market
- Competing chemistries and designs to achieve performance requirements
- Profitability in battery manufacturing can be hindered by the long periods of production ramp-up
- Manufacturing-specific data analytics that can accelerate production ramp and yield optimization
- How to automate analysis of industry-standard tests by combining performance, traceability, and process data
- Five factors control how fast EVs can be charged. Only one is controllable by the pack designer
- The driving range is greatly influenced by the thermal management method used
- There are four primary methods of controlling thermal runaway, with benefits and drawbacks
NeoGraf Solutions, LLC.
- The EV market has seen a variety of battery designs, and good thermal management is always a key consideration
- Material characteristics of thermal interface materials for module-to-pack and cell-to-pack
- Future opportunities for material innovation in thermal interface materials for EV battery
Key topics for 2024 :
- Electric vehicles’ economic outlook and industry forecasts
Understand the economic fundamentals and key market drivers for electric vehicles from a global perspective.
- Exploring new battery technologies and battery management systems
Explore opportunities and make the business case for adopting new battery solutions to support next- generation automotive applications.
- Latest research in extending battery range for next-generation electric vehicles.
Explore new innovations and assess the latest results from tests and trials in improving drive range and extending battery life for electric vehicles.
- New manufacturing processes and technical know-how to achieve economies of scale
Deliver reliable and scalable production methods for adapting new battery technologies and solutions to meet the needs of automotive manufacturers.
- Upcoming regulations and safety standards for the electric vehicle market
Hear from key regulators and classification bodies to ensure your products meet the requirements of new regulations and industry standards
- Manufacturer case studies on electric vehicles design and development
Gain insights from leading manufacturers and implement strategies that others in the industry are using to develop the next generation of electric vehicles.
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities